Anonymous asked: What is your advice for overcoming shyness? I think it's stopping me from achieving in life
Oh. Well, i havent really mastered that yet. I’m still the shyest person i know. My shyness has definitely stopped me from a lot of things too. Ugh its not even funny. sigh
Anonymous asked: Usually I'm very good at crying on command but lately I haven't been able to. Can you give me some tips or sad things to think about please?
What i learned from doing acting exercises is to really study the role. The beauty of being an actor is that you get to be somebody else, but there’s still a little part of you in that character. So in order for you to do great things about the character you’re playing, the trick is to really study the role. Sometimes when i do plays, i act that role for like a day so i can really be that person. And when you have mastered it, you’ll be able to feel the sadness of the character and you can cry on cue. I know, i was great at doing it too as a kid: crying on cue. But as i got older, it got harder to cry on cue and thats how i learned that studying the role is the key.
20 things I learned before turning 20.
1) Write everything down. Write on a journal. Try to Write your every emotion and the event that happened everyday. As day goes by, nothing seems to change, but when you look back at your life, everything has changed. Even if you were just at home and the day was uneventful, still write it down. I believe that being home alone gives you time to reflect and think more. My brain has the most thoughts when I’m just home, sitting on the couch. Your future self will thank you later.
2) Try not to hate your parents. Never forget where you came from. Never forget the things they sacrificed for you. I know life is exciting right now as you’re growing up, you’re meeting new people, and you have more freedom. But remember, you will always be their baby. As you’re busy growing up, they are growing old too. Don’t complain when you have to spend Sunday afternoons with them instead of your friends.
3) Grades does not measure intelligence. Grades, SAT scores, AP scores, and the unimaginable AP classes you took in high school does not reflect who you are. I have met so many people who are current scholars, who had high GPA in high school, but they are the most pretentious and most arrogant people I know. All of us has a unique intelligence. And I think that’s the problem with the American school system, if you don’t have high SAT scores, colleges wouldn’t even bother to look at you. Remember, Character is higher than intellect.
4) Eat whatever you want. I cannot stress this enough. I’ve met so many people who are scared to try some food because they are scared they might get addicted to it. So what? Food is amazing. There are far worse things to be addicted at,like cocaine. But not food! Eat until you can’t move anymore. Eat until you feel like throwing up. Because life is so short to limit ourselves. Have a day where you eat nothing but junk food. Eat mcdonalds even though people are saying it’s bad for you, because you have to admit, they have really good French fries. It’s okay to do that. Who cares if you’ll gain a pound for eating another cookie? Eat that cookie. Because tomorrow, everything might be gone or something might happen to you and you didn’t get to eat that cookie.
5) love. Love who you want regardless of gender or color. Do not be scared to love because of what the society might think. True love is a beautiful thing and you shouldn’t be scared to feel it. Love is the closest thing we have to magic because love really does make you a better person.
6) Speaking of love, do not force love to happen. Do not rush things. As the quiet, wallflower person in life, I’m always so observing of people. I am a very serious person when it comes to love. Whenever I see people back in ninth grade going on their FIRST dates, they’re already saying I love you on the first date and making out, I always myself, “why?” And a week later, they break up and hate each other. Whatever happened to romance..and when people also started dating and making out in middle school, I still ask myself, “why? They don’t completely love each other?” Love is so important and it shouldn’t be played like that. It’s not a game. It’s not a competition about which guy kissed more girls or which girl had more guys chasing her. I am so lucky that I waited until the very right moment and did not fall into pressure of middle school ridiculousness. I waited until a person gave me butterflies and made me get up every morning, excitedly… because reality is finally better than my dreams. Let love find you.
7) you can never go wrong with pizza. People dissapoint, Pizza is eternal.
8) Sing. Sing off key. Sing off key in the car. Sing like you’re a broadway star. Singing is good for your soul.
9) Be a role model to children. Teach the importance of love and kindness to children and not the value of money. The children are the future leaders of the world and if we want to change the world, we can do that with the children. If we teach the children to be accepting of everyone and not to be judgmental and hateful, the world will see a better place. Like Nelson Mandela said, “no one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate.”
10) I’m so tired of saying boys can’t cry. Boys can cry. Because boys are also human beings. And not just with boys, people always seem to think that crying is weak. I find people who cry more to be stronger. I find emotional people to be mentally stronger. I really do.
11) spend some time alone. I truly believe that spending alone sometimes is good for you. That way, you don’t have to rely on anybody for your happiness; you can be completely happy with just being by yourself cause at the end of the day, you only have yourself. So you should learn to enjoy laughing at your own jokes.b
12) In-N-Out is amazing.
13) Do not ever change yourself to impress anyone. If they can’t like you for who you really are, then they are not worth your time. Remain pure and don’t be like the rest. Don’t feel dumb if you don’t like what everybody is pretending to love.
14) live with no regrets. I personally do not regret anything in my life because I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason and that made me the person who I am today. Even though I have done some embarrassing things in the last, for example, those Facebook posts from 2 years ago, I don’t regret any them. I just laugh at them. And it’s nice to go and look back and laugh at yourself.
15) it’s okay to watch Disney movies even if you’re already 18 or even 80. If people tell you that you’re too old to watch Disney movies, forget about them. Be like Peter Pan, be young at heart, and enjoy watching princesses who sings to birds. Gosh.
16) if it is appetizing, eat it, engorge yourself with it because you will be full of the thing you love. if it uplifts you, devote time to it to keep shaping it and as it changes you will change too, because change happens through love. and if it’s important to you, do it even if other people don’t agree or give you weird looks or judge you or react poorly to you. because it’s important to you for a reason and that reason is truth enough. The opposite is true as well, if it’s unappetizing, do not eat, date, or sign up for it.
17) Friends. Spend time with the people who accept who you are and gives you stomach ache from laughing too much. If you feel the need to change yourself for those “friends” to like you, you’re spending it with the wrong people. Spend time with people who make you feel…infinite.
18) things to worry about:
Things not to worry about:
-future (I’m trying hard with this one)
-girls (or boys if you’re a girl)
19)Take time to think. Take time to read books. It is completely okay for just once in a while to throw away your responsibilities and watch tv on the couch and don’t leave the couch for 12 hours. You gotta enjoy life sometime. It shouldn’t just be all about thinking of school, future, work, or trying to impress that person. Personally write cards to the people you love. I think handwritten letters are still the best.
20) nothing in this world is permanent. So just enjoy the moment while it lasts. The people who said will never leave you might end up the people who’ll leave you next week. World is full of broken promises but you still gotta live. I think the bravest thing I ever did was continuing to live when I wanted to die. That’s why love yourself first so no one has to and just live in the moment.(via ramsterrrr)